Welsh Bicknor is an area of Herefordshire. It was historically a detached parish of the traditional county of Monmouthshire.
The Manor House of Welsh Bicknor, known as Courtfield, belonged originally to the Vaughan family. However, in 1651 Richard Vaughan, who was a Catholic, had his land sequested and given to Phillip Nicholas of Llansoy, in Monmouthshire. It has been deemed to be part of Herefordshire since the Counties (Detached Parts) Act 1844.
As its name suggests, Welsh Bicknor has close ties with Wales, being a detached parish of Monmouthshire, although adjacent to English Bicknor, which is part of Gloucestershire. For more information, please call us on the number shown, or click in the header of any page to email Welsh Bicknoremail@example.com.
Photo from Featured Project near Welsh Bicknor
Cider Appreciation Day
The locals gathered at the websmithy to take the short journey to Highbridge's West Croft Farm.Fifteen people visited two cider farms
Iin striking contrast, the morning was spent at a huge international producer while the afternoon was with a one man band.